Fall has officially kicked off. The leaves are oxidizing, the air is beginning to get crisp and the pumpkin-spiced everything’s are everywhere. This season thrills all five of our senses in its own unique way. My favorite thing to kick start fall is the Georgia National Fair. It is a family tradition. We love that fall festival feel, caramel apples, funnel cakes, cotton candy, corn dogs, vinegar fries, bbq, ribs fresh off the grill, and sweet corn in the husk. Make you wanna slap your mama! After we hit the food; we make our way to the horse show in all their glory! Then off to the prize cows, pigs, goats, lambs, even miniature horses! Boy; do i love the south! Then we make our way to the arts and crafts, and we can’t forget to look at all the prized scarecrows! Lets take pictures and put them on facebook! Then it’s time for the rides! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It is so fun to see my kids over the years and watch them evolve from kiddie rides to all out dare devils. I can still see Brittany’s face on the baby roller coaster. She was so scared i wanted them to stop it stat. To my surprise; she got off and love it; now she has no fear of anything. Micah on the other hand is a lot like me; he is very cautious about what he will ride. I wonder if that will change.
There are many other reasons why i love fall. There’s just something about the atmosphere that is clearly not like any other season. I feel a powerful connection to this season. Memories maybe? I’m not sure. I could sit and gaze at Autumn scenery for hours and never get bored.
2. The colors, the smells, the sounds, I savor all while it lasts. It’s quite rainy during Fall as well and I enjoy rain not to mention the temperature is almost perfect and sometimes a little chilly! With the chill in the air it makes it a perfect time for things like these!
3. I love being around a fire! Sitting on the back porch listening to music. Sipping on a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer! There is nothing better on a crisp night in fall!
4. Fall decorations are the best! Mums make me so happy! I love having them and i love to drive around neighborhoods and see them! I know it’s weird but i love to drive around and look at fall decorations. It makes my heart happy!
5. I love Football! College football, Friday night lights, NFL! Im consumed with it. I love to watch it, bet on it, talk about it! It’s so exciting! There is nothing like it!
6. Halloween. Even if I don’t get the candy, I still feel the thrill of trick or treating with my kids. It brings back great memories of my childhood!
7. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Sweet potato souffle, Big juicy turkey in the oven. Corn souffle. Mashed Potatoes with gravy. Cornbead Stuffing. Fresh cranberries with orange juice. Deviled eggs. Biscuts. Apple pie. Peach cobbler. Holy moly i can hardly wait!!
8. I love boots, scarves, turtlenecks, tights! It’s so fun dressing in the fall!
9. The smell of burning leaves and wood in the fireplace.
10. Pumpkins and a visit to the pumpkin patch!
11. The smell of cinnamon and pumpkin spice candles just make my heart happy happy happy!
12. And to finish the Fall season….a celebration of my birthday in November! Fall is the best!!
Love NEVER fails ♥
– 1 Corinthians 13:8